- Position Title
- Website Technician/Programmer - Provisional Appointment
- Required Application Type
- School Related Personnel
- Salary/Pay Scale
- Starting at $47,112 commensurate with experience
- Job Description
Position Type: Information Technology (IT) / Print Shop/Website Technician/Programmer
Location: BOCES Center at Olean
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday
Provisional Appointment: The successful candidate will be hired pending the appropriate examination and results. Permanent appointment requires successful competitive and placement, thru the Civil Service examination process.
Description: The incumbent is responsible for the coordination, design and implementation of the internet/intranet sites and applications for the school district. Under general supervision of The Director of Information Technology an incumbent of this class is involved in the creations, maintenance and expansion of websites and graphics of the school district. The incumbent will coordinate and create content design, develop new graphics and modify existing graphics in the implementation of the website. Incumbent maintains and updates visual websites for ease of navigation and to ensure that all information is current, accurate and accessible. Work is reviewed through conferences and consultations for the achievement of desired results. A Website Technician does related work as required.
Typical Work Activities:
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of internet/intranet strategies and technologies designed to meet district needs;
- Participates in the content design, development and posting of web pages and internet based instructional technologies;
- Designs and develops web pages for internal and external software systems and databases;
- Collaborates with various departments and divisions to design and implement content updates and maintain web pages;
- Participates in researching and evaluating new and emerging technologies and makes recommendations for new internet products or services;
- Provides technical and end-user support;
- Develops documentation for maintenance, installation and troubleshooting;
- Gathers information necessary for prototype development;
- Tailors web applications to BOCES or districts;
- Produces and participates in testing of prototype;
- Liaisons with various divisions and other technical staff on functionality, design and programming issues;
- May participate in consulting services on multi-disciplined projects, supports technology plan initiatives, assists in technology assessments.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT IN SCHOOL DISTRICTS / BOCES:
Per regulations of the Commissioner of Education, to be employed in a position designated by a school district or BOCES as involving direct contact with students, a clearance for employment from the State Education Department is required.
All employees of CA BOCES are eligible to join the New York State Retirement pension plan system. Permanent employees have access to a rich Health Insurance plan with Vision, Telemedicine, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
- Civil Service Title
- Website Technician
- Job Qualifications
(a) Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in computer information systems or closely related field; OR
(b) Possession of an Associates degree or higher in computer information systems or closely related field and two (2) years of experience in website development and maintenance; OR
(c) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and four (4) years of the experience in website development & maintenance; OR
(d) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of a, b, & c.
NOTE: your degree must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by a regional, national, or specialized agency recognized as an accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education/ U.S. Secretary of Education. If your degree was awarded by an educational institution outside the United States and its territories, you must provide independent verification of equivalency. A list of acceptable companies who provide this service can be found on the Internet at http://www.cs.ny.gov/jobseeker/degrees/cfm. You must pay the required evaluation fee.
An ideal candidate will be a programmer/developer that has experience in multiple web programming frameworks, a working knowledge of web infrastructure, and an understanding of database. Specialty in MySQL/MSSQL Server, experience with PHP, and C#, web server administration is preferred.
- Application Procedure
RETURNING USERS: Apply online.
NEW USERS: Apply on-line by completing the following steps:
- Create an account AND complete & submit the general application type - SCHOOL RELATED PERSONNEL, and THEN
- Apply directly to the job posting after submitting general application.
- Job Category
- Information Technology (IT) / Print Shop
- Job Location
- Print Shop