|Building Principal - Anticipated|
Position: Administration, School Leaders & Curriculum/Building Principal - Anticipated
Division: Career & Technical Education
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent for Career & Technical Education
Supervises: Career and Technical Education Instructors, Career and Technical Education and Special Education Students, and Career and Technical Clerical Support Staff.
Description: The Building Principal provides the supervision and administration necessary to insure and promote the educational development of all students. The Building Principal has a strong vision for creating continuous growth for all students and the ability to establish and maintain an effective learning climate in the school. The Building Principal is a clear, transparent communicator who keeps staff, students, and the community informed about what is going on organizationally and in the building. A Building Principal shall possess a leadership style built upon integrity, trust, enthusiasm, compassion and strong relationships with all members of the school and community.
- Establish and maintain an effective learning climate in the school.
- Initiate, design, and implement programs to meet specific needs of various student groups; i.e. vocational, special education, adult, etc.
- Participate in the development, determination, and monitoring of instructional programs. Assists in the development, revision, and evaluation of curriculum.
- Establish guidelines for proper student conduct and student disciple.
- Maintain accurate records on student progress, attendance, conduct, and health.
- Supervise the counseling programs to enhance individual student education and development.
- Participate in the selection , training, assigning, and evaluation of the professional teaching staff.
- Assist in the in-service orientation and training of teachers.
- Recommend, according to established procedures, the removal of a teacher whose performance is unsatisfactory.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep faculty informed of policy and/or procedure changes, new programs, etc.
- Supervise the cleaning of the building and grounds, insuring required records and reports are completed and maintained. Establish schedules for maintenance, cleaning, and security
- Supervise the daily use of the school facilities for both academic and nonacademic purposes. Coordinate the utilization of the building with all concerned groups. This includes Exceptional Education, Central Administration, I.S.S., and Adult Education.
- Responsible for security, fire, health, and safety procedures of assigned center or buildings. Plan ans supervise fire drills and emergency preparedness programs in conjunction with the Program Manager for Safety and Health.
- Maintain and control various local funds generated by student activities.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the Career and Technical building budget. Provides monthly accounting and reporting to the Assistant Superintendent for Career and Technical Education.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent for CTE.
|Per BASSA Contract|
|CTE Administrator for Curriculum & Instruction|
Description: Assist CTE and Workforce Development teachers in developing curriculum, assessments, and instructional strategies; as well as, collecting and analyzing data for the purpose of raising student achievement across all three (3) CTE centers. Participate with building principals in the supervision, observation and evaluation of CTE and Workforce Development staff.
- Assist with the facilitation of academic teacher duties and consistent delivery of services, as determined by the administrative team.
- Collect, coordinate and analyze information from CTE counselors for registration and record keeping of college courses and make program recommendations accordingly.
- Research and support the curricular development of new programs in collaboration with CTE Principals.
- Develop, arrange and maintain all CTE articulation agreements/dual enrollment credits and a cumulative database.
- Assist with CTE program approvals and re-approvals, at the direction of the Assistant Supt. for CTE.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all Advisory Committee membership and act as liaison to current members and potential members.
- Facilitate academic quarterly review meetings – work with teachers and principals to monitor and track progress and report out to Assistant Supt. for CTE.
- Provide curriculum and instructional leadership in collaboration with CTE Principals.
- Identify professional development needs of teachers and coordinate activities to meet those needs in collaboration with the CTE and Workforce Development Principals.
- Facilitate vertical and horizontal alignment of common curriculum and instruction by developing and/or maintaining program curriculum maps.
- Remain current with information, share with teachers and oversee compliance with various education standards including, but not limited to: Common Career Technical Core (CCTC), Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) for ELA & Math, Career Development & Occupational Studies (CDOS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Remain current with State & National curriculum requirements and trends, acquaint teachers with such requirements and oversee such updates.
- Assist CTE and Workforce Development Principals with evaluations of instructional personnel.
- Participate in faculty meetings at all three (3) CTE centers (when applicable).
- Facilitate curriculum-based committees in collaboration with CTE principals.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, recommending and orientation of candidates for open positions within Career & Technical Education.
- Centralize data collection and provide routine analysis to Assistant Supt., Principals and Teachers.
- Guide teachers to produce teacher generated data that is utilized to improve and differentiate instruction.
- Assist in overall budget process, make recommendations to Supervisor for budget and program development.
- Obtain general understanding of collective bargaining agreements and enforce provisions of those agreements.
- Responsible for building and student management in absence of the building principal.
- Serve on district level committees and attend Board Meetings (as directed).
- Assist in grant writing/management.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Assistant Supt. for CTE.