|Technology Summer Maintenance|
Position: Information Technology (IT)/Technology Summer Maintenance
Location: CTE Center at Olean
Division: Information Technology
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
Description: Assist technicians with wiring, computer repair, network, phones, and other related duties.
|$15.00 per hour|
|Website Technician/Programmer - Provisional Appointment|
Position Type: Information Technology (IT) / Print Shop/Website Technician/Programmer
Location: BOCES Center at Olean
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday
Provisional Appointment: The successful candidate will be hired pending the appropriate examination and results. Permanent appointment requires successful competitive and placement, thru the Civil Service examination process.
Description: The incumbent is responsible for the coordination, design and implementation of the internet/intranet sites and applications for the school district. Under general supervision of The Director of Information Technology an incumbent of this class is involved in the creations, maintenance and expansion of websites and graphics of the school district. The incumbent will coordinate and create content design, develop new graphics and modify existing graphics in the implementation of the website. Incumbent maintains and updates visual websites for ease of navigation and to ensure that all information is current, accurate and accessible. Work is reviewed through conferences and consultations for the achievement of desired results. A Website Technician does related work as required.
Typical Work Activities:
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of internet/intranet strategies and technologies designed to meet district needs;
- Participates in the content design, development and posting of web pages and internet based instructional technologies;
- Designs and develops web pages for internal and external software systems and databases;
- Collaborates with various departments and divisions to design and implement content updates and maintain web pages;
- Participates in researching and evaluating new and emerging technologies and makes recommendations for new internet products or services;
- Provides technical and end-user support;
- Develops documentation for maintenance, installation and troubleshooting;
- Gathers information necessary for prototype development;
- Tailors web applications to BOCES or districts;
- Produces and participates in testing of prototype;
- Liaisons with various divisions and other technical staff on functionality, design and programming issues;
- May participate in consulting services on multi-disciplined projects, supports technology plan initiatives, assists in technology assessments.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT IN SCHOOL DISTRICTS / BOCES:
Per regulations of the Commissioner of Education, to be employed in a position designated by a school district or BOCES as involving direct contact with students, a clearance for employment from the State Education Department is required.
All employees of CA BOCES are eligible to join the New York State Retirement pension plan system. Permanent employees have access to a rich Health Insurance plan with Vision, Telemedicine, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
|Starting at $46,416 commensurate with experience|
|Fundamental Building Systems Teacher|
Position: Fundamental Building Systems Teacher
Division: Career & Technical Education
Supervisor: Building Principal
Description: To provide instruction to high school students enrolled in Fundamental Building Systems, including instruction in HVAC, electrical, and plumbing. Experience with HVAC, electrical, and/or plumbing is essential.
- Teach theoretical underpinnings and core content knowledge, aptitudes, concepts, technical and employability skills as they apply to Carpentry, HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
- Develop instruction, activities, project-based learning, and work-based learning experiences.
- Instruct students in workplace competencies, citizenship, professional communication, and related skills.
- Manage the classroom to create an engaging, supportive, safe, orderly, and productive educational environment.
- Develop and implement procedures and processes to ensure safe use of supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Implement the Student Code of Conduct.
- Participate in the NYSED Approval process of the Fundamental Building Systems CTE program under the direction and supervision of the CTE Principal and Curriculum Coordinator.
- Plan, requisition, control, store, maintain, and use materials, supplies and equipment as per applicable regulation, Board of Education policies, and school district procedure.
- Develop and maintain an advisory committee composed of area employers, post-secondary representatives, industry association members, local union representatives, and other related professionals to provide input toward curriculum, employability skills, equipment purchases, license/certifications, technical skills, and industry standard practices.
- Comply with all state laws, NYSED regulations, Board of Education policies, Student Code of Conduct, school district procedures and practices.
- Attend faculty meetings, participate in professional development, particpate in committee work, and work collaboratively with colleagues to further the mission of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually by Building Principal as per NYSED regulation, CABOCES BOE policy and collective bargaining agreement.
|Per UBTA Collective Bargaining Agreement|
Position: Support Staff (Civil Service)/HVAC Specialist
Location: CTE Center at Olean
Division: Safety, Energy, Facility Services
Supervisor: Director of Facility Services
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This is responsible work involving operating, and the preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, minor repair, testing and calibrating of mechanical equipment providing heat, hot water, ventilation, and air conditioning in the most efficient and safe manner possible. This can include, but is not limited to, steam lines, mechanical equipment rooms, refrigeration, air conditioning equipment, chillers, humidity control systems and HVAC systems. This position typically assists school district staff with centralized heating systems and/or building wide controls. An HVAC Specialist may also make recommendations on replacing equipment and be involved in energy conservation projects. An HVAC Specialist does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Review, calibrate, adjust, repair and replace components of centralized heating systems;
- Review energy usage statistics to determine any inefficiencies;
- Inspect and repair automatic ignition systems related to oil and gas burners;
- Ensure efficient combustion and emission quality consistent with State and Federal standards;
- Review, develop and recommend changes in heating procedures for district facilities as needed;
- Assist district staff in determining maintenance and operations schedules of equipment;
- Assist Direct of Facilities III with on-site visits and notify appropriate officials and offices;
- Prepare reports, including tracking sheets and services provided;
- Assist with instructing maintenance personnel on controls, instrumentation, boiler system or other systems utilized by district;
- Identify tools and testing equipment required to perform tasks and ensure proper calibration and maintenance
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Thorough knowledge of different types of HVAC systems including electrical, cooling, air conditioning, boiler and heat exchanger; good knowledge of appropriate HVAC formulas and their applications; good knowledge of correct installation, preventive maintenance, and servicing of HVAC equipment; good knowledge of modern buildings and grounds maintenance and repair practices; good knowledge of general safety practices, accident prevention methods, and hazardous conditions and materials associated with HVAC work; working knowledge of chemicals and chemical treatments associated with fluids in HVAC systems; knowledge and understanding of Federal and State laws as they may apply to control systems ability to apply information from service manuals and other sources to present systems, installation problems, future servicing, etc.; ability to identify servicing needs and provide verbal and written descriptions of problems and observations; ability to read warranty specifications, blueprints, installation manuals, maintenance manuals, wiring and piping schematics, flyers and technical books; ability to determine requirements for specific jobs; materials, personnel, tools, equipment, and length of time necessary to complete a job; ability to work in tight spaces, climb ladders and perform HVAC work on rooftop locations; physical condition sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
|$72,000 per year|
|CTE Administrator for Curriculum & Instruction|
Description: Assist CTE and Workforce Development teachers in developing curriculum, assessments, and instructional strategies; as well as, collecting and analyzing data for the purpose of raising student achievement across all three (3) CTE centers. Participate with building principals in the supervision, observation and evaluation of CTE and Workforce Development staff.
- Assist with the facilitation of academic teacher duties and consistent delivery of services, as determined by the administrative team.
- Collect, coordinate and analyze information from CTE counselors for registration and record keeping of college courses and make program recommendations accordingly.
- Research and support the curricular development of new programs in collaboration with CTE Principals.
- Develop, arrange and maintain all CTE articulation agreements/dual enrollment credits and a cumulative database.
- Assist with CTE program approvals and re-approvals, at the direction of the Assistant Supt. for CTE.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all Advisory Committee membership and act as liaison to current members and potential members.
- Facilitate academic quarterly review meetings – work with teachers and principals to monitor and track progress and report out to Assistant Supt. for CTE.
- Provide curriculum and instructional leadership in collaboration with CTE Principals.
- Identify professional development needs of teachers and coordinate activities to meet those needs in collaboration with the CTE and Workforce Development Principals.
- Facilitate vertical and horizontal alignment of common curriculum and instruction by developing and/or maintaining program curriculum maps.
- Remain current with information, share with teachers and oversee compliance with various education standards including, but not limited to: Common Career Technical Core (CCTC), Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) for ELA & Math, Career Development & Occupational Studies (CDOS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Remain current with State & National curriculum requirements and trends, acquaint teachers with such requirements and oversee such updates.
- Assist CTE and Workforce Development Principals with evaluations of instructional personnel.
- Participate in faculty meetings at all three (3) CTE centers (when applicable).
- Facilitate curriculum-based committees in collaboration with CTE principals.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, recommending and orientation of candidates for open positions within Career & Technical Education.
- Centralize data collection and provide routine analysis to Assistant Supt., Principals and Teachers.
- Guide teachers to produce teacher generated data that is utilized to improve and differentiate instruction.
- Assist in overall budget process, make recommendations to Supervisor for budget and program development.
- Obtain general understanding of collective bargaining agreements and enforce provisions of those agreements.
- Responsible for building and student management in absence of the building principal.
- Serve on district level committees and attend Board Meetings (as directed).
- Assist in grant writing/management.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Assistant Supt. for CTE.