|Anticipated Records Receiving & Inventory Clerk - Provisional||JP5330|
Position Type: Support Staff & Clerical (Civil Service)/Anticipated Records Receiving & Inventory Clerk - Provisional
Supervisor: Purchasing Agent
Provisional Appointment: The successful candidate will be hired provisionally pending the appropriate examination and results. Permanent appointment requires successful competitive exam and placement, through the Civil Service examination process.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This is a responsible position primarily involving the ordering, receipt, storage, and disposition of materials, supplies, and equipment. Duties also include maintenance of records and files, retrieving, replacing, and/or disposal of records as directed by a supervisor. This position differs from other clerical positions by virtue of the fact the incumbent must engage in various manual tasks involved in ordering, receiving, storing, and/or moving supplies, records and equipment. The work is performed under general supervision. A Records, Receiving, and Inventory Clerk does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Receives materials, supplies, and equipment and checks them against the invoice or purchase order;
- Delivers materials, parcels and/or supplies to departments, and/or coordinates the transfer and delivery to appropriate offsite center or personnel;
- Resolves discrepancies with packing slips and coordinates returns as necessary;
- Arranges for disposal of excess and salvage goods, as directed, through auction or other means;
- Tracks quantities of materials and supplies in order to assure sufficient quantities;
- Receives, sorts, indexes, and files any of a wide variety of records such as correspondence, forms, checks, vouchers, student records, etc.;
- Procures requested material and may charge it to appropriate electronic accounts;
- May catalogue and log equipment and non-expendable supplies by bar coding and entering into a computerized inventory control system;
- May obtain quotes using established procedures;
- May make deliveries of supplies, utilizing a tail, dock and/or forklifts;
- May perform duties and responsibilities of the position using an electronic data processing system.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Good knowledge of store room procedures and methods used in ordering, receiving, and storing a variety of supplies, materials, and records; working knowledge of business arithmetic and English; working knowledge of computer databases and spreadsheets; clerical aptitude; ability to read and apply rules governing records management; ability to keep accurate inventory records; ability to maintain program accounts and budgetary data; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to bend, lift, climb, stand, and walk for extended periods of time; ability to lift and carry loads up to fifty pounds; physical condition sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
|$34,220 as per BESPA Salary Schedule|